New developments today are facing increasing challenges in car parking planning. As a leader in the industry who understands these constraints, MHE-Demag has been innovating automated car parking systems to provide efficient parking solutions for developers and users alike.
MHE-Demag’s automated car parking solutions offer a wide range of benefits:
- More surface space is made available, as surface car parking is replaced with the automated car-parking system housed underground or inside the building.
- Construction costs are reduced, as elements such as the driveway and ramp are not required in automated parking systems which have eliminated the need for vehicular access.
- Efficient operation, as movement of vehicles is carried out by mechanical means.
- Minimal noise to the surroundings, as car engines are turned off while being transported in the car parking system, and car movements are carried out underground or inside the concrete compartment.
- Enhanced human safety, as movement of vehicles on surface level is minimum, and drivers are not required to walk on surface car park to retrieve their cars.
- Enhanced car security with the risk of car theft significantly reduced, as vehicles are kept underground and access is restricted from everyone except maintenance technicians.
Automated car parking systems help keep the surface area neat, tidy and pleasant for human activities and recreation. It also helps to sustain the green environment by reducing fuel consumption and cutting down fume emissions, as engines are turned off while being transferred in the automated parking system.
Specifications of Tower Parking Systems
The Tower Parking System consists of car elevators, fixed height vehicle parking platforms mounted on both sides of the tower, and one slide-up auto door for security purposes. The platform can withstand cars with a weight up to 2,600kg and a car size of 2.15m (W) x 2m (H) x 5.25m (L).
The Tower Parking System is designed to rapidly move and park vehicles within fixed multiple levels of parking inside the building (underground or above-ground), and it takes less than three minutes to retrieve a vehicle. The high-speed elevator is fabricated with an inner turntable to facilitate vehicles entering and exiting the parking system.
Specifications of Multi-level Parking Systems
Multi-level Parking Systems can automatically carry and park cars in multi-storey parking lots through the vertical movement of a lift and the horizontal movement of a cart. The platform is able to withstand cars with a weight up to 2,600kg and a size of 2.15m (W) x 2m (H) x 5.25m (L).
The system is suitable for medium and large-scale buildings, capable of accommodating as few as 10 to an unlimited number of cars. It also greatly reduces parking and retrieval time as cars can be parked or retrieved simultaneously.
The parking system is easy to operate through an integrated control and is designed to be user-friendly. A touch screen mounted next to the entrance further enhances the operation and monitoring of the system with a single glance. For the parking or retrieval of vehicles, the driver only needs to punch in a 4-digit pin number on the touch screen panel or use their RF cards to activate the parking elevator.
Comprehensive Safety Features
Multiple safety devices are incorporated to ensure safe and proper operation. For example, safety sensors are installed at various crucial positions to ensure proper positioning of the car on the pallets and elevator platform, and also to detect the presence of vehicles and height clearance.
MHE-Demag’s fully automated parking systems have been gaining popularity amongst building developers, due to the system being highly space-saving, and capable of moving vehicles in a fast yet quiet manner. Most importantly, the system meets parking requirements while taking up minimum buildable space.